At the AGM last year we put up an Ideas Board for any suggestions for activities that Teign Estuary Transition could get involved in – these are listed below. We’d like to explore these this year but need some help in fleshing out the ideas.
So, if you recognise an idea as yours, could you please see if there are any further details you could add to make clearer what you had in mind?
Anyone else, please tell us what you think about any of the ideas, or add any further ideas you can think of!
You can respond in a number of ways:
- add a comment to this page
- email us at email@example.com and we can add your comments to the page for you
- speak to any of us in person!
Suggestions for Teign Estuary Transition
- Have a stall at Shaldon water carnival/regatta to get TET wider known in Shaldon
- Eco bike workshop
- Tool share
- LETS (local exchange trading scheme)
- Have a TET float in the Teignmouth Carnival
- Discuss CAT’s (Centre for Alternative Technology) zero carbon 2030 document
- Backpacker hostel
- Set up party to deal with foraged produce (esp. CEPS)
- Solar panel on library
- More cycle lanes
- Encourage more people to cycle – some electric bicycles for Devon Hills
- Invite Totnes Transition to speak on their success in winning the Ashdon Award this year
- Invite Andy Langford from Gaia University to talk on systems
- Set up exchange base for people to swop excess garden produce, e.g. glut of plums, apples, tomatoes, eggs etc. – ‘Food crop swap’
- More ‘do’s’ like this – casual like – local foods from walled garden and shared journals, magazines – talks every 3 months
- Transport – cycle path (tree lined) – trail sculptures
- Call the discussion groups ‘tete-a-tetes’
- Picnic and guided nature walk